Tuesday, December 20, 2011

...Exhibition Recycling Part 1...

So I graduated with a Diploma in Interior Design and Decoration this year from Design Centre Enmore. After 4 grueling years of part time study, it's strange and surreal to not have to rush home after work to do homework!
For our graduate piece, we held an exhibition in which we were each given a 1200x1200x2400 stand to decorate how we saw fit, paying mind to sustainability.
I'll post photos of my stand another time, but for now I need to get out an idea I've had to recycle my floor which I made out of old fence palings I purchased from Heritage Timbers.
My partner and I are looking to move in together next year, and both of us are on tight budgets with not much furniture. Light bulb moment - I'm turning my floor into a table!

I have the designs in my head, and will post progress shots etc, but for now here are some inspiration images I've found.

First up, my floor! Excuse the thongs.

Driftwood French Provincal Side Table - French Dressing

Fence Paling Table Top Project - Home Ninemsn

Paul Hay - Yellow Dog 2008


Flotsam and Jetsam - Yanko Design


Hmm, lots of possibilities!

~Images via Yanko Design, ninemsn, French Dressing and ACT Museum and Galleries

No comments:

Post a Comment