An exceptionally quick and short post - snapped this picture while out shopping, then promptly bought 2 of the vases (one for work, one for home, you understand.) Snapped covertly with my phone, so it's a little dark. This is what my wedding table would look like. Don't worry K, there are no set plans yet ;)
Shanghai. Ah, what a marvelou place. No, I've never been, but in my imagination, it is marvelous. Plus there is an awesome place in Parnell, Auckland called Shanghai Lils, so Shanghai itself must be fabulous if that is anything to judge by.
Yucca is a new restaurant and lounge concept by David Laris, a Greek Australian chef and founder of DavidLarisCreates living in Shanghai. He has a few award winning establishments to his name, and believe me, the awards are well deserved.
Yucca draws inspiration from Lucha Libre Wrestling, 1960's Mexican Cinema, and the voodoo and religious superstition interwoven in the Mexican psyche.
The lounge is located on the third floor of Mansion 26F at Sinan Mansions, and serves an amazing array of alternatve cocktails and Yucca-twist mexican food.
The design itself is done by Shanghai based interiors firm Lime 388. By the way, if you ever want me to come work for you, I am so there.
The Rainbow House. Oh my. Imagine if you let your inner child design your house. Go on. Close your eyes and have a think about it. This place comes pretty darn close, right? Amazing!
Situated in London, this beautiful Ab Rogers Design house is a fun, colourful, living artwork. The master bedroom boasts a circular bed that rotates so you can enjoy views from every window, and a trap door that pops open to reveal a shiny silver slide to escort you to the living room below, where a 12x8 metre space of yellow plushness just begs you to sleep, play, live. The entire house is built around a beautiful bespoke spiral staircase boasting steps in every colour of the Rainbow. Every floor is influenced by the hue of the steps leading onto it, and skylights in the roof drench the whole house in warth and light.
So. I'm crap at updating. I warned you! But, it's going to be better. Because this is a resolutions post. And blogging makes the list!
1. Project fat-girls-don't-go-to-Paris. Or rather, girls with faces like mine are not fat in Paris. That's right ladies and gents, the boy and I are headed to Paris in October! So exciting! But it also means my soft volumptuousness needs to become...hmmm...less soft volumptuousness?
2. More blogging, more design. I need more design in my life this year. As much inspiration as I can stand. MORE than I can stand. I'm in my final year this year, and even though I'm still debating whether I'll be going ahead with study this year (for certain reasons, another post if it happens) I do love being so ensconsed in the talet and creativity of my fellow designers and design bloggers.
3. Photography and french lessons. Not that I have the time. But I'm going to try and teach myself as much as possible.
4. Register my business and have stationary done. I have my ABN. Just need to register my business name.
And if I get around to it:
5. Come up with a plan for my business.
6. Be more organised (in my room, the spare room, the shed, and with my tafe work)
7. Get a kitten. Or a goat. I haven't decided yet.