Monday, March 15, 2010

Inspiration is Key

So I have miles and miles of inspirational images, majority of which are of interiors and houses I've fallen in love with. So far, my dream house has 8 bathrooms, 3 kitchens, 6 main bedrooms, 12 library rooms (which is entirely possible with how much I read) and no living rooms. This is simply because I see something and think "oh god, I have to have it!" And thus...12 libraries.

However. I do have two patricular interiors that as soon as I saw them, I knew they would form the basis of my dream house.

The first is the Sydney Dance Company Studios on Pier 4 in Walsh Bay. I couldn't find many images of the interiors, but I could find this one via the Sydney Dance Company Facebook page.




There is lots of thick, dark wood used throughout (hello, it's built on a wharf) and beautiful high, open ceilings with exposed beams. Gorgeous.

The second is a Brownstone owned by Fitzhugh Karol, a woodworker and sculptor, and Lyndsay Caleo, a jewelry designer and goldsmith. It's done by
The Brooklyn Home Company

There are quite a few images below. I just love the open feeling of the white walls and floors, and the unexpected details like the lights over the kitchen island that were salvaged off a freighter ship out of India, and the loft in the dining area, which is used as a "guest" room.


And I love love LOVE the use of the barn door for the bathroom. And that beautiful double wide kitchen sink...I'm getting goosebumps.





























Images via Design Sponge care of Emily Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment