Friday, March 26, 2010

Plywood Passion and a Little Hindsvik Pt 1

Stumbling around the many and varied design blogs and websites I visit of a morning, I noticed two words together that you don't see often. Plywood. Flooring.


Hunh. This should be interesting, I thought.


I'm now a convert, and am seriously considering it for my dream house. I've always loved hardwood floors, but love the look of sheets rather than planks after spying a beautiful house in a magazine with huge sheets of Australian Blackbutt used as flooring in a beautiful almost black chocolate stain.





Both Images via Sterin on Flikr

Then, of course, I was led to HindviskVintage, and the amazing Plywood makeover they've done on their bedroom. While, I'm not a huge fan of the headboard and side tables, I love the idea of a completely integrated room, and I adore the floor and the design of the rest of the room. The tiny Inuit drawings, gorgeous!









All Images via Hindvisk Vintage and Flikr

No comments:

Post a Comment